It’s November already!? Ma’an, where did the time go!? Here at the office, we, (except for me,) are busy working on our November and December’s new releases, while I’m busy planning my Thanksgiving dinner party! I need to start looking for my turkey soon… ‘cuz last year, I got one at the last minute… and I ended up with a 20 lbs turkey… OMG, and that was too much. I remember eating that thing for like 2 weeks trying to finish it! If anyone has a unique turkey recipe, please DO share!
Oh, before I get into the turkey talk, I just wanted to say thank you everyone for your kind emails and comments to Rie Honjou’s blog! They are being forward to Houjou sensei and I hope she enjoys reading your responses! I have lots more CELEB BLOGS setup in months to come - so stay tuned! I hope you like them!
So, I now leave you with this turkey trivia, (thank you PrincessPurple for sharing this,) answers will be posted here on Thursday! Here you go:
1. When was the first Thanksgiving celebration?
2. Where was the turkey first domesticated?
Mexico and Central America
3. What is a female turkey called?
4. What is a male turkey called?
5. What sound does a female turkey make?
6. What sound does a male turkey make?
7. Which state produces the most turkeys annually?
8. How fast can wild turkeys run?
9. Can wild turkeys fly? If so, how fast?
Yes, up to 25 mph
Yes, up to 40 mph
Yes, up to 55 mph
10. What is the name of the skin that hangs from a turkey’s neck?
11. Which country consumes the most turkey per year per capita?
The United States
The United Kingdom
12. What is the best way to defrost a turkey?
with a hair dryer
in the refrigerator
in cold water
in the microwave oven
Be sure to follow us on twitter!